- This event has passed.
October 28 @ 6:30 pm - 9:30 pm
Bring your drinking horn and join Food Historian Chef Christy in an exploration of ancient Norse cuisine! The cultures that made up the wild and far-ranging Vikings were spread over Scandinavia and beyond. Their raiding and trading provided a rich variety of foods and spices, along with the abundant wildlife in their native areas that were available to them. Get hands-on creating 11th century delicacies and sampling local mead from Viking Alchemist Meadery!
• Loki’s Tail (Salmon and Herring Served Three Ways)
• Beast of the Æsir (Pork Loin with Prune Sauce)
• Sif’s Pottage (Barley with Garlic, Chives, Caraway, and Butter)
• Potherbs from Midgard’s Garden (Leeks, Turnip Greens, Garlic, Vinegar, Flaxseed Oil)
• Frigga’s Flatcake (Baked Blueberry Pancake)
• Asgaard’s Quark (Fresh Cheese with Lingonberry Preserves)
• Mead Tasting from Viking Alchemist Meadery